October 14, 2008

The Tempest "Stage Design" 2007



Some of my skecthes for "The Tempest".


Costume and make-up design for the character 'Caliban'.


Costume and make-up design for the character 'Prospero'.


Costume and make-up design for the character 'Keres'.



Preparing the model.
















This is a stage design I made at school in 2007. In this design, I used professional theatre techniques in designing the ship into a stage. The smaller ship, I converted to become area for the audience. In Shakespeare's play 'The Tempest', the plot is based on a island, however, in my design I changed the plot's area into a ship instead of an island.




The audience has a chance to view each act from the smaller ship. wherever the act takes place, the audience ship moves to that location.




No comments: